Monday, September 28, 2009

Outstanding Service

“I just wanted to complement your customer service department for outstanding service. I have called a couple of time during my Trex deck project and have received excellent advice and support each time. The technical customer service was exceptional in that the representative consulted the product engineers when I was unsure of the order of assembly of the railing pieces in my materials and clarified my misunderstandings. Service like this is rare in the consumer marketplace these days. I will recommend your products and particularly the support offered through your website and customer service to all my friends.”

-Chris in Ontario

1 comment:

  1. I have never commented before but my anger at Trex has led to my comment today. I just called Trex for the second time. The first time I called in December of 2005 that my deck was flaking and softening. They refused to honor my warrantee without a receipt. Unfortunately for me my contractor moved that summer and could not find the paper work. So I have tried other methods to stabilize the deck. Nothing worked. Finally last week my foot went completely through the deck. While ripping the deck up this week I found the Trex label that had been cut off the ends of the boards staring me in the face with the crumbled Trex pieces under the deck. Now the Trex adjustor claims that if I completely remove the Trex I will void my warrantee but I have a sleep walker in the family and cannot leave the deck open without possible danger to life or limb. When I explained that to the adjustor begging him to okay a variance to allow me to protect my child he stated, "I don't like the condescending voice I'm getting from you." When I asked to talk to his legal department to get the variance that I needed he said that I had to hire a lawyer to call and would not connect me. So how do you think that speaks to their customer service?

    ReplyDelete